Tower Hobbies — Having Fun Since 1971
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wing: Three-piece, plywood and aluminum joiner, center wing panel spoiler controls rate of descent for controlled, accurate landings
- Covering: High quality heat shrink
- Brushless Motor: Great Planes ElectriFly RimFire .32 (42-50-800) outrunner
- Electronic Speed Control: 60A 2-6S programmable, 5V BEC with Star battery connector
- Spinner: 2" (51mm) diameter, matte black in color
- Propeller: 13.5 x 7 folding
In The Box
- Prebuilt Fuselage
- Wing and Tail Assemblies
- Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Radio: At least 4 channels
- LiPo Battery: 4S 14.8V 2200 - 3600mAh recommended
- Servos: Two 36mm long mini servos for elevator One 23mm long micro servo for spoiler
- Charging bag, assembly and field equipment
Large Size + Electric Power = Superior Soaring
If you’ve flown 2-meter sailplanes and want to try a larger EP model, the Vista Grande has many advantages. With a 100" span wing it handles well in wind, responds gently to control input, and improves visibility. Bold stripes on the wing bottom also help you follow orientation. Electric power eliminates the need for a hi-start, tow plane, or large launch area. You can climb to soaring altitude quickly, coast on the thermals, come down, and do it all again — without recharging.
- All-wood airframe with expertly applied film covering
- Brushless motor, ESC, and folding propeller included
- 3-piece, bolt-on wing for convenient transportation and storage
- Factory-hinged rudder and elevator to shorten assembly time
- Center wing section spoiler to reduce speed quickly
- Large hatch/removable canopy for easy LiPo changes
A three-piece wing makes it easy to store and transport the Vista Grande to the flying field and back. Outer wing panels attach with tape for added security.
A center wing panel spoiler controls the rate of descent, so pilots can make controlled, accurate landings.
The 13.5x7" propeller features a two-piece folding design to reduce drag during soaring.
Assembly time is minimized, thanks to a prehinged rudder and elevators, as well as self-aligning vertical and horizontal stabilizers.
An easy-access hatch makes LiPo pack changes fast and easy.
All-wood airframe with expertly applied film covering