Rapido Trains is proud to introduce the first of many scale model vehicles to its line of museum-quality offerings: The 1980s Chevrolet Caprice and Chevrolet Impala Wagons and Sedans, in HO Scale. Launching in the fall of 1976 in response to the early 70s oil crisis and more stringent EPA regulations for emissions and fuel economy standards, Chevrolet’s downsized “B” body line of large cars was one of GM’s most popular line of vehicles right into the 1990s! Available as a 4-door sedan and station wagon plus a 2-door coupe, the Chevy Caprice and Impala kept the same general “box chevy” look from the 1977 through 1990 model years with mostly small detail changes until the revised “bubble” Caprice was made available for the 1991 model year.
In this release, our all-new HO scale Caprice and Impala models specifically represent the 1980 through 1985 model years and were a common sight right into the 2000s. Many can still be seen on the road today!
With our wagon and sedan configurations and lots of attractive colors, these vehicles are a must for any modern North American layout!
- Both Wagon or Sedan carbodies available
- 1980s body style designed from photos and drawings
- Multiple front grille designs covering the entire 1980s
- Real rubber tires (and white walls too, where appropriate)
- Multiple rim designs (wire spoke, dog dish and more)
- Realistic chrome finish on bumpers, rims and more!