- Built-up and sheeted wood airframe components.
- Removable outer wing panels.
- A large removable hatch makes LiPo/fuel tank access quick and easy.
- Gasoline or electric power ready.
- Included LED light set.
- Designed for Robart® retractable landing gear.
- Operational flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings.
- Pre-hinged ailerons, flaps, and elevators.
- Magnetically attached scale antenna masts and pitot tube.
- Optional drop tank for added realism is available for purchase separately
Set Against the Rising Sun
Japan had hit America where it was the most vulnerable. America's battleships lay at the bottom of Pearl Harbor but the carriers were untouched. Until 1943, however, America didn't have a carrier aircraft that could match Japan's Zero. With the F6F in ’43, finally something could handily defeat the Zero. From 1944 on, Hellcats racked up kills at an ever-increasing rate. So many Zeros were sent spinning into the ocean at the Battle of the Philippine Sea that pilots dubbed it the “Great Marianas Turkey Shoot”. Our model version features includes built-up and sheeted wood airframe components, a large removable hatch, and LED lights. Fly this incredible piece of aviation history with your choice of gasoline or electric power.
- Radio: 7-channel minimum, 7-channel receiver for basic set up,
11-channel receiver for advanced set up, 13-channel receiver for optional drop tank, and if lights will be controlled through receiver
- Servos: All control surfaces require metal gear servos with at least 95 oz-in of torque (2) aileron (2) flap (2) elevator (1) rudder (1) tailwheel, and (1) 40 oz-in throttle if using gasoline engine
- Engine:3.4 - 3.7 cu in (55 - 61cc) engine
- Propeller: Compatible with selected engine
- Motor: Rimfire .65 (80-85-160) outrunner brushless recommended
- ESC: 160A high voltage if using recommended motor
- Battery: 12S (2x6S) 5000 - 5500mAh
- (1) Giant F6F Hellcat 55-61cc Gas/EP ARF with preassembled wing, tail and fuselage components, landing gear, fuel tank, (2) aluminum stabilizer tubes, tail and wing lights
- (1) User Manual
Designed to fit either pneumatic or electric Robart retracts for scale appearance, improved ground handling, and reliable operation.
The detailed, scale cockpit adds to the realism of the piece.
Flaps are pre-hinged, reducing assembly time and providing scale appearance and realistic takeoffs and landings.
An optional drop tank ups the scale realism and is available for purchase separately.
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Product Length||66.3 in (1683mm)|
|Speed Control||Sold Separately|
|Wingspan||86 in (2184mm)|