Edge 540 Sport Aerobatic GP EP ARF
Item No. TOWA2024
- Construction: Built-up wood airframe with self-aligning tail surfaces
- Covering: Factory applied heat shrink film
- Wing: One-piece, mounts with two nylon bolts
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Cowl: Fiberglass, painted to match trim scheme
- Canopy: Clear molded plastic, canopy/hatch removes easily for quick access to radio gear, battery or glow fuel tank
- Landing Gear: Prebent aluminum with steerable tailwheel, 2.5" (63mm) diameter main wheels, 1" (25.4mm) diameter tail wheel
- Wheel Pants: Fiberglass, painted to match trim scheme
- Motor Mount: Plywood
- Engine Mount: Two-piece nylon
- Spinner: Red plastic 2" (51mm) diameter
- Fuel Tank: Approximately 6oz (180cc)
In The Box
- Tower Hobbies Almost Ready to Fly Edge 540 Sport Aerobatic Electric or Glow Powered Airplane with prebuilt and covered Wing
- Fuselage and Tail Surfaces
- Landing Gear
- Fuel Tank
- Motor Mounts
- Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Radio: At least 4 channel
- Servos: 5-6 mini servos with at least 50 oz-in torque (2-aileron, 1-rudder, 1 or 2-elevator, 1-throttle if using glow engine
- Electric Power; Brushless Motor: ElectriFly Rimfire .32 (42-50-800) recommended Electronic Speed Control: 70 - 80A LiPo Battery: 4S 3300 - 3600mAh Battery charger and LiPo charging bag
- Glow Power: Engine: .46 - .55 cu in (7 - 9 cc) 2-stroke OR .72 cu in (11.5 cc) 4-stroke Glow Fuel, Glow Starter
Grab-and-go aerobatic hot rod.
Like its full-size counterpart in ultra-exciting air racing, the easy-to-assemble Tower Hobbies Edge 540 ARF excels at outrageous aerobatics. Adding to its crowd-pleasing performance, the all-wood main structures and painted, hand-laid fiberglass cowl and wheel pants sport an eye-catching, factory-applied trim scheme. Take a flight on the wild side with the Edge 540...an exceptional value in edge-of-your-seat aerobatics.
- Fly loops, rolls, knife edge, stall turns, and other exciting maneuvers.
- Low parts count – assembles in as little as 8-12 hours.
- Light, strong, built-up wood airframe with factory-applied heat-shrink film covering.
- Fiberglass cowl and wheel pants, painted to match the vibrant trim scheme.
- One-piece wing mounts with two nylon bolts and removes easily for transportation.
- Large, easy-to-remove canopy for quick access to on-board gear and LiPo battery.
- Pre-hinged ailerons and self-aligning tail surfaces reduce assembly time.
- Designed in the USA.
A RimFire .32 brushless motor with 4S LiPo installs easily and provides clean, quiet, outstanding electric power.
If you prefer glow power, popular .46-.55 cubic inch 2-stroke engines or a .72 cubic inch 4-stroke provide an excellent thrust-to-weight ratio.
The hand-crafted cowl and wheel pants arrive painted to match the Edge 540's colorful trim scheme.
For precise maneuvers, each aileron is controlled by a dedicated servo and short, direct linkages.
The easy-to-remove canopy/hatch provides fast access to your radio gear, LiPo battery, or glow fuel tank.
The radio compartment allows easy installation of standard-size receivers and high-torque “mini” servos.
The Edge 540’s steerable tailwheel makes precise, predictable taxing easy.