1/48 Lockheed P-38 F/G Lightning
- Accurate early P-38 features such as slimline engine cowlings, intercoolers in leading edges, plus the curved canopy front
- P-38F and P-38G variants can be built
- Two marking options: "White 147" P-38G, and "White 33" P-38F
- Detailed cockpit with wheel-type controls, radio, throttle box and more
- Model depicts a parked aircraft when assembled, included weights ensure correct balance when displayed
- Parts to recreate two each of 150 and 300 gallon drop tanks
- Fuselage Length: 9.4" (240mm) Wingspan: 13" (330mm)
In The Box
- Tamiya 1/48 scale Lockheed P-38 Lightning Model Kit
- Mirror Stickers
- Canopy Masking Stickers
- Full-Color Painting Guide and Assembly Instructions
- Balance Weights
Needed to Complete
- Model Cement
- Model Paint
- 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 240mm, wingspan: 330mm.
- P-38F and P-38G variants can be built.
- The model creates a parked aircraft when assembled and complete.
- Includes two marking options: "White 147" P-38G which took part in the interception of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto in April 1943 and "White 33" P-38F.
- Mirror stickers are included to recreate cockpit mirror and engine cowling interior surface sections.
- Comes with canopy masking stickers and a full-color painting guide.
This WWII fighter was a daring design with twin booms and a piston engine in each, plus a central nacelle which housed the cockpit and armament (machine guns and cannon in the nose). Introduced in June 1941, the aircraft went on to be used extensively in the Pacific through WWII. The F variant was manufactured from April 1942 onward, and featured pylons for 150-gallon drop tanks to make it capable of longer bombing missions. Later P-38Gs had more powerful engines and could carry bigger 300-gallon drop tanks. The P-38 was used for interception, dive bombing, level bombing, ground attack, night fighting, photo reconnaissance, radar and visual pathfinding for bombers and evacuation missions, and extensively as a long-range escort fighter when equipped with drop tanks under its wings.
Comes with parts to recreate two each of 150- and 300-gallon drop tanks.
Features accurate depictions of early P-38 features such as slimline engine cowlings, intercoolers in leading edges, plus the curved canopy front.
The canopy can be assembled open or closed. When closed, it is a 1-part slide-molded piece with dedicated F and G variant parts. The hatch is shown open sideways on the P-38F, and vertically on the P-38G.
Weights are included in the kit to ensure correct balance of the model when displayed.
A detailed cockpit features the wheel-type controls, radio, throttle box and more.