Stinson Reliant SR-9 Giant Kit
This classic is our largest kit ever!
Between the dark days of the Depression and WWII an aviation legend was born. The brainchild of E.A. “Eddie” Stinson, the SR-9 was a class act, a “looker” with style, yet designed to go the distance in powerful, practical performance. But more than a stylish aircraft with staying power, the SR-9 was a shining example of pride and excellence in craftsmanship, a combination celebrated in Top Flite’s kit for the Scale Craftsman.
- Rewards craftsman builders’ investments of time, talent and TLC with a sport scale masterpiece that flies as good as it looks.
- Eases transportation problems with a 2-piece wing design—and access to hidden wing bolts in the cabin with cabin doors that open!
- Provides servo mounts in each wing panel to shorten and tighten linkages, and speed and strengthen control response.
- Compatible with a wide range of finishing methods for authentic Golden Age good looks.
- Wing blends from a "Clark Y" airfoil at the root to a Selig 8036 airfoil to provide comforting stability and graceful aerobatics.
- Adapts to a wide range of 2-stroke, 4-stroke and gasoline engines for customized performance. Perfect with an O.S. FT 160 Twin.
Wingspan: 100.5 in (2550mm) Wing Area: 1487 sq in (95.9 dm2) Weight: 16-25 lb (7260-11340g) Wing Loading: 24.8-38.7 oz/sq ft (76-118g/dm2) Fuselage Length: 67.8 in (1720mm) Requires: 4-5 channel radio with 6-8 servos, 2-stroke 1.08-1.99 cu in (17.5-32.5cc), 4-stroke 1.2-1.6 cu in (19.5-26), or 25-35cc (1.5-2.0 cu in) gasoline engine, glow fuel, glow starter and support equipment