In The Box
- (1) Sidewinder 4 ESC
- (1) 1410-3800Kv 5mm sensored motor
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) 1/10th scale gearing chart
- (1) Decal sheet
While the all new SIDEWINDER 4™ builds upon Castle’s most popular platform, the SIDEWINDER 1:10 SCALE SERIES, it is the first of its kind to run Castle’s newest technology, CRYO-DRIVE™. CRYO-DRIVE™ combines technology from cutting-edge hardware and software advancements to increase thermal performance. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER in your SIDEWINDER 4 setup. The SIDEWINDER 4 is a versatile ESC and is accepted in a wide variety of applications. Whether throwing dirt, ripping through a corner or steadily dominating the trails, Castle has you covered!
- 2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 8 cell NiMH use in vehicles up 6.5lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
- Sensorless brushless and/or brushed motor operation.
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps Peak BEC
- Audible alerts for error conditions
- Enhanced drag brake functionality
- Smoother sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (sold separately) or via Field Link Card (sold separately)
- Telemetry Link compatible for Futaba® S.BUS2 (sold separately)
This combo includes a Castle Sidewinder 4 Brushless ESC and a Castle 1410-3800Kv 5mm Brushless Sensored* motor. The 1410-3800kv 5mm is ideal for short course trucks running on 2s LiPo and weighing up to 6.5 lbs; it can be run on a 3s LiPo with very conservative gearing. It is a cooling running torque animal for lighter 1/10th scale 2WD stadium trucks and buggies running up to a 3s LiPo.
* Sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Sidewinder 4 Brushless ESC. If you require sensored operation you will need a Brushless Sensored ESC.
|Connector Type||Open Ends|
|Motor Type||Brushless - Sensored|
|Shaft Diameter||0.197" (5 mm)|
|Low-Voltage Cutoff Programmable||Yes|
|BEC Maximum Burst Current||2.0A|
|BEC Voltage||5.0V Fixed|
|Shaft Length||0.826" (21 mm)|