Sign In for the best experience.
Create an account here.
Free Shipping on orders over $99!
Your cart is empty.
Email Sign Up
Contact Us Form
Let us take some of the stress out of holiday gift buying this season by giving you more time to qualify for price adjustments. Price adjustments on purchases are available 10/8/2022 until 12/25/22. If an item you buy has a price reduction before Christmas, we will credit the difference upon request, so you can shop confidently knowing your price is guaranteed.
All credits will be issued as Loyalty Club Points on your Tower Hobbies account.
The Pro Axle Press is a precision C.N.C. machined tool designed to straightening and help correctly shape all nail style axles found in Derby Car kits. All Derby Kit Axles are not created equal and until they are all shaped correctly, achieving the desired alignment for maximum speed is almost impossible. By pressing them straight and tapering the axle head, you are many steps closer to a high performance racing part.
1. The Pro-Axle Press will improve the speed of your derby car by performing three critical procedures on nail type axles:
2. Axle Straightening: Ensures accurate wheel tracking by creating absolutely straight axles. Improved wheel tracking equals greater speed!
3. Axle Rounding: Ensures accurate wheel rotation by creating absolutely round axle shafts. Improved wheel rotation equals greater speed!
4. Head Squaring: Ensures proper wheel rotation by squaring the axle head to the axle shaft. Improved wheel rotation equals greater speed!
5. Head Tapering: The recessed side of the tool is designed to re-shape the axle head, further reducing contact with the wheel and reducing friction.
And an added bonus:
Raised Wheel and Alignment Adjustments: When it is necessary to purposely bend an axle (to raise a front wheel or make an alignment adjustment), the Pro-Axle Press serves as a handy clamping device for holding the axle while making the bend.
When using nail-type axles, the Pro-Axle Press and Pro-Body tool work together to make a well-aligned and smooth rolling car.
Note: The Pro-Axle Press was designed and tested for use on BSA and PineCar nail-type axles. It may also be suitable for nail axles from other kits. The press is not intended for use with rod-type (Awana) or screw-type (Royal Rangers) axles.
The points displayed will be earned based on your membership level, and the cost value of the product. Be sure you Sign In to your account to see the most accurate points estimate for your purchase. Points are awarded and available for use once your order entire has shipped complete.
Points displayed here do not include bonus points for select products. If the product is marked with the Bonus Points Badge below, you will earn the extra bonus points listed in the banner in addition to the calculated points displayed.
Not a Club Member? Click Here to learn more about the
free Standard Club Membership, or earn points faster by signing up for our Super Saver Club Membership!