- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- "TheSkyX – First Light Edition" astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Celestron PowerSeeker telescopes are a great way to open up the wonders of the Universe to the aspiring astronomer. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the first-time telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features and power.
Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron's PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for an affordable and high quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for the entire family.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up – even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly!
All of Celestron's PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye!
Erect Image Optics are ideal for terrestrial (land) and astronomical (sky) use.
Optical Design: Refractor
Aperture (mm): 70 mm (2.76 in)
Focal Length: 700 mm (28 in)
Focal Ratio: 10
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 35 x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 4 mm (0.16 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 175 x
Barlow Lens: 3 x
Star Diagonal: 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
Mount Type: German Equatorial
Accessory Tray: No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder
Highest Useful Magnification: 165 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 10 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100 x
Optical Coatings: Multi-Coated