- Construction: Balsa and ply
- Wing: Two-piece with aluminum wing joiner
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Cowl: Fiberglass
- Landing Gear: Preformed aluminum
- Wheels: Two main, one steerable tailwheel
- Covering: Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Motor Mount: Plywood
- Engine Mount: Two-piece composite
- Cockpit: Clear plastic windows, painted pilot figure
In The Box
- ARF 1/5 scale Piper J3 Cub Airplane with Fuel Tank
- Landing Gear
- Instruction Manual
Needed to Complete
- Radio: 4-channel
- Servos: 5 standard (2-aileron, 1-elevator, 1-rudder 1-throttle if using glow engine
- Receiver Battery: 4.8-6V, 800-1200mAh NiMH
- Electric Power: Motor: Brushless outrunner, Great Planes Rimfire .46-.55 recommended Electronic Speed Control: 50-80A LiPo Battery: 5-6 cells 4000-5500mAh Battery Charger: Compatible with selected LiPo LiPo charging bag Propeller to match selected motor
- Glow Power: Engine .46-.55 2-stroke or .52 4-stroke glow engine Fuel, glow starter and propeller to match selected engine
- Field and maintenence equipment
Go for a Cub!
Spanning an impressive 84.6", the Phoenix Model Piper J-3 Cub GP/EP ARF looks great – on and off the flying field! Features include glow and electric compatibility, a two-piece wing, a lightweight fiberglass cowl, a pilot figure, high-quality film covering and more.
- Designed for glow or electric flight.
- Strong, lightweight construction.
- Bolt-on two-piece wing with Y-Clark airfoils for easy transport and set-up.
- High-quality film covering.
- Scale outline is enhanced by the lightweight fiberglass cowl.
- Pilot figure.
- Servo mount.
- High-quality hardware package.
Compatible with glow power.
Compatible with electric power.
Two-piece wing with Y-Clark airfoils.
Lightweight fiberglass cowl.
Servo mount included.
High-quality film covering.
|Minimum Speed Control||5 Standard|
|Motor Size||.46-.55 recommended|
|Product Length||54.1" (1374 mm)|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Yellow|
|Wing Area||1079 sq in (69.6 sq dm)|
|Wing Loading||18.68 oz/sq ft (57 g/sq dm)|
|Wingspan||84.6" (2149 mm)|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||3.6" (92mm) back from leading edge of wing at the fuselage side|
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Minimum Required Radio||4-Channel|