Tower Hobbies — Having Fun Since 1971
Earn your wings with this famous fighter.
Flying a P-51 Mustang model is always special. Flying a scale replica of the P-51B "Shangri-La" takes your flights to a whole different world of excitement. Tower Hobbies’ P-51B Mustang goes together quick and easy, looks like the real thing and flies like it's on rails. It's Receiver-Ready, so the motor, ESC and servos are already in place — all you have to supply is your radio system and battery. And it’s made of AeroCell foam, so it repairs easily with CA adhesive. You’ll be proud to show off your Tower Hobbies "Shangri-La" P-51B Mustang at the field, whether you’re on the flight line preparing for takeoff or in the air flying sorties.
- Receiver-ready, with a 1000kV brushless motor, 30A ESC and 4 servos all pre-installed.
- Loaded with iconic Mustang details, like molded exhaust stacks, panel lines, machine guns, instrument panel and a painted and installed pilot bust.
- Assembly is easy and doesn't require glue, so you can be out flying sorties in no time.
- Fly without fear – this Mustang is made of lightweight, durable AeroCell foam that comes back from mishaps without major repairs.
- The fixed landing gear can be easily removed for hand launches and belly landings.
- Ground handling is solid and more controlled with the steerable tail wheel.
- Accessing onboard gear and swapping out batteries is a breeze – the magnetic hatch is easy to remove, yet holds on tight.
- Give your Mustang even more scale realism with optional retracts – they're inexpensive and easy to install.
You’ll enjoy smooth, brushless power with the 1000kV motor — and it’s already installed.
The magnetic hatch protects onboard gear, and it's easy to remove for swapping out batteries.
Simply remove the included landing gear and you're ready for hand launches and belly landings.
Working pre-hinged flaps are another cool option for ramping up the looks AND adding a new dimension to your flying*.
*Glue required — Tower Hobbies Build-It CA+ Medium Glue 2 oz.