CubCrafters Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc ARF, 165"
The Cub is a classic aircraft adored by both full-scale and model aviation pilots. Its flying characteristics and design versatility are so well known practically every new aircraft is compared to it. The CubCrafters FX-3 is the latest variation on the Carbon Cub series. The full scale FX3 features an all-new engine and a high-speed propeller in a lightweight platform. Hangar 9® is proud to introduce the largest and most modern Cub in a complete ARF format for the giant scale RC pilot.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Large 8.5" inch tires with aluminum hubs makes for smooth landing even in tough terrains
- Two-piece fiberglass cowl allows for easy access to engine and fuel system
- Operational flaps for STOL capabilities
- Functional high-density 3S Lipo compatible LED landing and navigation lights
- Designed to accept 100 - 200cc gasoline engines
- Functional tail flying wires
- Removable stabilizer with just 4 screws
- Functional side double doors with working scale locking mechanism and alloy handle
- Cockpit details include seats and scale dash panel
- Durable transportation bags included to protect the wings and tails.
- Sprung landing gear with metal shock struts and scale suspension system
- Pre-hinged, scale-type aileron and flap hinges help you save on build time
- Two-piece plug in wings for easier transportation and field assembly
- Folding airfoil-shaped wing struts with matching paint finish
- Optional-use operational tow release
- Heavy duty, and super scale tail wheel assembly with included tail wheel
- Built-in exhaust tunnel supports a variety of canister and pipe options
- Complete hardware kit with engine and motor mounting hardware
- Covered in genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote® film
- Optional-use operational tow release included in each kit.
For the giant scale sport, scale and sailplane pilot, the new Hangar 9® Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc is the largest Cub we've ever created and one of the largest in the market featuring superb scale details with the incredible flight performance Hangar 9 customers expect. Featuring a 165-inch wingspan, this massive model is the embodiment of giant scale, yet is practical enough to fly every day. The two-piece wings with folding wing struts and removable stabs allow for convenient transportation and set up. It comes with multiple scale details including a scale, sprung undercarriage that uses a solid machined damper with heavy duty springs as per the full scale aircraft, cockpit panel, tow release, super scale tail wheel assembly, and more meaning this Carbon Cub will turn heads everywhere you fly it. Like the full-size Cub, shock-absorbing 8.5" inch tires with aluminum hubs take most of the bounce out of tough terrain. The two-piece fiberglass cowl allows for easy access to engine and fuel system while the high-density 3S Lipo compatible LED landing and navigation lights shine bright for added realism. Designed to accept 100 – 200cc gasoline engines, the complete hardware kit is included and makes mounting the power system quick and easy. The optional-use, included operational tow release lets this Cub be the perfect companion for your sailplane needs. The Hangar 9 Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc is a one-of-a-kind model delivering an authentic in-flight experience.
- (1) 100-200cc, two/four-stroke gas/petrol engine
- (1) Full-range, 8+ channel transmitter and receiver
- (8+ Flight Control) Standard-size servos
- (1) CubCrafters Carbon Cub FX-3 100-200cc ARF
- (1) User Manual
Large 165" Wingspan
At an impressive 165" wingspan, the Hangar 9 Carbon Cub FX-3 is the largest Hangar 9 Cub ever done for an incredible giant-scale experience with adventure-driven capability.
Laser-cut, lightweight balsa and plywood construction is utilized to bring the FX-3 to life as a durable scale model that's expertly built to exacting standards.
Power It The Way You Want It
The FX-3 is designed to accept popular 2-stroke and 4-stroke gasoline engines. All hardware for the recommended power system options is included so assembly is easy and so you can get in the air faster.
Tow Release Mechanism Included
The optional-use operational tow release lets this Cub be the perfect companion for your sailplane needs.
Exquisite Scale Details
This Hangar 9 Carbon Cub features impressive details including 8.5" inch tires, high-density LED lights, working cockpit side door, cockpit details such as a scale dash panel, super scale tail wheel assembly, and more.
|Minimum Required Radio||8-channel|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||6-8 in (152.4-203mm) measured from leading edge of wing at the fuselage side|
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Product Length||114.96" (2920 mm)|
|Engine Size||100 - 200cc gasoline|
|Airfoil Shape||Flat bottom|
|Approximate Assembly Time||20+ Hours|
|Wing Loading||37.74 oz /sq. ft (11.52 kg / sq. m)|
|Product Weight||64.81Lb (29.4Kg)|
|Spinner Size||6" (152mm)|
|Skill Level||Level 4|
|Trim Scheme Colors||White (HANU870), True Red (HANU866), Deep Blue (HANU873)|
|Wingspan||165.35" (4200 mm)|
|Landing Gear||Fixed main LG with steerable tail wheel|
|Wing Area||3979 sq in (256.7sq dm)|