- Construction: Balsa and ply
- Covering: Top Flite MonoKote
- Wings: Two-piece with joiner tube, flaps are locked and can be made operational if desired, wings fasten to fuselage with two 1/4-20 nylon wing bolts
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Fuel Tank: 9oz (270cc)
- Electric Motor Mount: Plywood
- Glow Engine Mount: One-piece aluminum with IsoSmooth rubber boots and nylon brackets to reduce vibration
- Landing Gear: Two-piece prebent aluminum with two 2.5" (64mm) main wheels and one 2" (51mm) nose wheel, prebent nose gear wire
- Spinner: Red plastic 2.5" (63.5mm) diameter
In The Box
- Prebuilt Wing, Fuselage and Tail Sections, Decals, Spinner, Landing Gear, Fuel Tank, Motor Mount, Engine Mount and Instruction Manual
Needed to Complete
- Radio: 4-5 channel
- Servos: Four standard size ball bearing, two extra if using flaps
- 12" (305mm) Extensions: Two for aileron servos
- 6" (152mm) Dual Servo Extension: If using flaps
- 6" (152mm) Servo Extension: One for ESC to RX if using electric power
- Receiver Battery: Flat, 4.8V NiMH
- Glow Power; Glow Engine: .46-.55 cu in (7.5 - 9cc) two-stroke Propeller: 12x5 sport Fuel: Aircraft blend with 10-20% nitro content
- Electric Power; Outrunner Brushless Electric Motor: Great Planes RimFire .46 (42-60-800) recommended LiPo Battery: 30C 14.8V 4S, at least 3300mAh ESC: 45A Propeller: 12x6E thin electric
- Building and field equipment
- Wing halves feature pre-hinged control surfaces and servo bays for aileron servos and optional flaps. Simply slide them onto the joiner tube. No glue is used, so they remove easily for transport.
An advanced trainer with sport plane performance
When you've learned the ropes and you're ready to move up to a plane with more maneuverability; the Avistar Elite ARF is the bird for you. This plane has high-wing design to make it easier to handle. It also has a semi-symmetrical airfoil so you can perform more aerobatics than with many trainers!
The Avistar ARF is also customizable. Assembly is still easy and glue free, but with this plane you can choose between glow and electric power. You can also choose to install flaps on your craft for additional maneuvering options. In all, the planes modular construction speeds assembly and makes replacement or exchanging of parts a breeze.
The factory-built, modular components assemble quickly. Just add your own glow engine or electric power components.
Your flight battery or fuel tank fits easily into this large, on-board compartment with magnetic hatch for easy access.
Glow or Electric Setup
A vibration-reducing IsoSmooth Engine Mount is supplied for glow engine installation. If you prefer electric power, the model also comes with an electric motor mount.
- Wingspan: 62.5" (1590mm)
- Wing Area: 672 sq in (43.3 sq dm)
- Wing Loading: 22-24 oz/sq ft (67-73 g/sq dm)
- Weight: 6.5 - 7lbs (2950 - 3170g)
- Length: 55" (1395mm)
- Center of Gravity (CG): 3-5/16" (84mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage side
- Control Throws: Low Rate High Rate
- Elevator: (Up & Down) 5/16" (8mm) 11° 7/16" (11mm) 16°
- Rudder: (Right & Left) 1/2" (13mm) 13° 7/8" (22mm) 22°
- Ailerons: (Up & Down) 3/8" (10mm) 11° 9/16" (14mm) 17°