- Construction: Built-up balsa and ply
- Wing: One-piece with aluminum joiner tube
- Covering: Hangar 9 UltraCote
- Aileron Control: Dual servo
- Cowl: Fiberglass, painted to match covering trim scheme
- Motor Mount: Plywood
- Engine Mount: Two-piece composite plastic
- Landing Gear: Mechanical retracts with CNC machined metal suspension struts, 2.5" (64mm) foam wheels
- Spinner: Plastic construction, yellow in color 3.1" (80mm) diameter
- Fuel Tank: 14oz (420cc) approximate
In The Box
- Phoenix Models Spitfire Mk2 with Landing Gear
- Fuel Tank
- Product manual
Needed to Complete
- Radio: 6-Channel Minimum
- Servos: 7 standard size, 2 aileron, 2 flap, 1 elevator, 1 rudder, 1 low profile type for retracts, 1-throttle (if using glow engine)
- 6" (152mm) Servo Extensions: Two
- Y Harness: One
- Receiver Battery: 4.8-6V NiMH (800-1200mAh)
- For Glow Power; Engine: 46-.55 2-stroke or .52 4-stroke Propeller: Compatible with selected engine Servo: Standard size for throttle Glow fuel, glow starter
- For Electric Power; Motor: Brushless outrunner 1000-1400 W, 480 KV Propeller: Compatible with selected motor ESC: 50-80A Battery: 4-6S LiPo, 4000-5500mAh Battery Charger: For selected LiPo battery
Earn your wings with the agile Spitfire!
Ideal for intermediates, the 55” span Phoenix Model Spitfire GP/EP ARF gives pilots a choice between glow and electric power! Features built-up balsa/plywood construction, a one-piece wing, a factory-applied trim scheme, retractable landing gear, a painted pilot figure and more. Ready to fly in several hours!
- All-wood construction.
- One-piece wings with aluminum joiner tube.
- Factory-applied high-quality film covering, with WWII-inspired trim scheme.
- Dual-servo aileron control.
- Plywood-reinforced radio compartment (accessible under the wing).
- Painted fiberglass cowl.
- Clear canopy with painted pilot figure.
- Retractable landing gear w/cnc suspension metal struts.
- Fuel tank (approx.): 14 oz. (420 cc).
- 2.75 in. (57 mm) dia. red plastic spinner.
- Decal sheet.
- Complete hardware package.
- Photo-illustrated instructions.
A large, removable hatch allows easy access to a LiPo battery or dual fuel tanks.
Included mechanical retracts, w/cnc suspension metal struts add scale realism.
Set up your Spitfire with glow or electric power. Hardware is included for both options.
Flaps provide slower landings and scale detail.
Hand-laid fiberglass cowl with scoop.