In The Box
- (1) MRX6X 1/8 Nitro On Road Kit
Needed to Complete
- (1) Transmitter and Receiver
- (1) Engine and Pipe
- (4) Wheels and Tires
- (1) Throttle Servo
- (1) Steering Servo
- (1) Receiver Battery Pack
- (1) Body and Paint
- (1) Starter Box and Glow Plug Ignitor
- Glow Fuel
Mugen Seiki is proud to introduce the MRX6X 1/8th nitro on-road kit. The MRX6X is inspired and based off the products used by Mugen Seiki driver Shoki Takahata to capture the 2019 IFMAR 1:8 On-Road World Champion hosted by Steel City R/C Speedway. The features of the MRX6X help improve steering, rear traction, drivetrain efficiency, and drivability.
MRX6X Updated Parts
- H0272-B Front drive shaft
- H2151-B Rear upper bulkhead
- H2161L/R Front upright
- H2162 Insert upright
- H2163 Rear upper and lower arm
- H2164 Rear upper arm plate
- H2165L/R Front upper arm
- H2166L/R Front lower shock mount
- H2167 Roll over bar
- H2233 Pinion 19T
- H2234 Pinion 20T (Option)
- H2235 Pinion 24T
- H2236 Pinion 25T (Option)
- H2237 Spur gear 60T (Option)
- H2238 Spur gear 61T
- H2239 Spur gear 62T (Option)
- H2240 Spur gear 56T (Option)
- H2241 Spur gear 57T
- H2242 Spur gear 58T (Option)
- H2422 Center Weight 30g (Option)
- H2516 Front shock tower
History of the MRX6X started with ideas and improvements from Robert Pietsch. Robert proposed his ideas to Mr. Sanada and the two worked together in preparation for the 2019 IFMAR World Championship. Prototype parts were made and testing began with Robert and Shoki on a number of different tracks and conditions. Testing with Robert and Shoki provided promising results! Shoki’s comments to Sanada were very clear and precise about the new parts. This created a lot of excitement for the Mugen Seiki Team heading into the IFMAR World Championship. Confidence in the new parts was high because of the improved handling of the already competitive MRX6R platform.
Mugen Seiki made the trip to Steel City Raceway for the 2019 IFMAR World Championship with the new parts and prototype MRX6X. The results speak for themselves with Shoki, Robert, and JJ showing amazing pace throughout practice, qualifying, and the finals. In the one hour final, Shoki drove the MRX6X to become the 2019 IFMAR World Champion!
After winning the World Championship, Mugen continued testing to finalize the production MRX6X. Mr. Sanada, Robert Pietsch, and Shoki Takahata did more testing and made modifications to the prototype parts with various materials and thickness to make the production MRX6X even better then the prototype vehicle used at Steel City Raceway. Each part was tested one at a time on various tracks with different characteristics to make sure it worked well for all track conditions. In the end, the features of the MRX6X help improve steering, rear traction, drivetrain efficiency, and drivability.
Front Suspension Improvements:
Updated front suspension geometry includes new front uprights and aluminum-bearing holders give you more overall steering and have a more precise steering feel. The main difference in geometry with the front uprights is the axle height. The new axle height has better steering response and allows drivers to maintain good lap times even when over driving the vehicle. The aluminum-bearing holders allow you to adjust the axle from inline to 1mm of trail in relationship to the pivot balls. The aluminum inserts allow the bearings to have more support, run more freely, and make for easier maintenance. The drive shafts can be removed with just two screws. The new shock mounts allow more clearance from the rim from touching the lower shock balls.
- The shape of the upper front arm also changed to accommodate the current bodies on the market.
- The new front shock tower and lower shock mounts have new geometry that increase steering in the middle to the exit of the turn.
- New front drive shaft allows increase steering angles and more overall steering.
- The front wheel lever is standard on the MRX6X and allows easier installing/removing wheels.
Rear Suspension Improvements:
- New rear suspension geometry includes new rear upper A-arms and rear upper arm plate help improve rear traction. Drivers have the option between the upper A-Arm which give more rear traction and the upper I-arms that increase rotation.
- The rear wheel lever is standard equipment on the MRX6X and allow easier installing/removing of wheels.
0.8 Pinion And Spur Gears:
- The new 0.8M pinions and spur gears use a finer pitch that will increase drivetrain efficiency. On track you’ll notice increased acceleration as well as increased runtime. With the 0.8M gears we did lots of testing because we noticed several brands having reliability issues when making the switch to 0.8M. Our testing has provided amazing results in both performance and reliability even in extremely high grip conditions. Also the life of the pinions has improved a lot.