Ki-43 Oscar 60cc ARF, 88" with Hangar 9 Main Retract Set
Often mistaken during aerial combat with the more well-known Mitsubishi "Zero," the Nakajima Ki-43 was designated "Oscar" by Allied forces. Extraordinarily maneuverable with fast climbing capabilities, the Oscar wreaked havoc across the Pacific theater. Its long range and incredible performance made it virtually untouchable especially compared to the P-51 Mustang. The Hangar 9® Ki-43 Oscar 50-60cc 88" ARF brings this nimble warbird to life in a convenient scale model with unbeatable authenticity.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Satin-finish printed covering includes rivets, panel lines and weathering
- Two-piece plug-in wings with aluminum tube allows for easy transportation and storage
- Fiberglass cowl features panel lines and internal screws for scale authenticity
- Unpainted scale replica radial engine included
- Heavy-duty aluminum shock-absorbing struts included
- Scale shaped spinner included
- Detailed cockpit includes a 3D instrument panel, expertly painted pilot bust, and more
- Tool-free assembly makes getting in the air quicker
- Scale-shaped split flaps deploy using internal linkages for an authentic appearance
- Includes 2 easily removable scale wing drop tanks
- Large top-hatch with two sprung latch system offers complete access to electronics and fuel system
- Scale landing gear doors included
- Includes 5" wheels with scale hubs
- Sprung aluminum tail gear included
- Hangar 9 pneumatic scale main retracts included with this combo
- Designed to fit the Saito FG-90R3 3-cylinder engine and other popular 2-stroke gasoline engines
Designed for warbirds and club pilots alike, the new Hangar 9® Ki-43 Oscar is an almost ready to fly 60cc giant scale World War II Japanese aircraft delivering an authentic warbird experience. Featuring scale details typically not found on other ARF aircraft, this incredible replica has outstanding flying characteristics that Hangar 9 warbirds are known for around the world. One of only two Hangar 9 giant scale warbirds with satin-finish printed covering, the Ki-43 Oscar also includes panel lines, rivets and weathering. Additionally, many scale details are incorporated such as 3D instrument panel, pilot bust, 5" scale wheels, and more. The two-piece plug-in wings with aluminum tube allows for easy transportation to the flying field and storage. Scale sprung main pneumatic retracts are included in this special offer combo. Whether this is your first warbird, or the perfect counterpart for your collection, the Hangar 9® Ki-43 Oscar 50-60cc 88" ARF is the most unique model in our line of 50cc-60cc giant scale warbirds.
- (1) 50–60cc, two or four-stroke gas/petrol engine or equivalent electric motor system
- (9) Standard-size, High-Torque servos (8 for an electric power version)
- (1) Full-range, 8+ channel transmitter and receiver
- (1) Battery for receiver
- (1) Battery for engine ignition
- (1) Propeller
- Tools and adhesives (see manual for more details)
- (1) Ki-43 Oscar 50-60cc ARF
- (1) Ki-43 Oscar 50-60cc Pneumatic Main Retracts
- (1) Product Manual
Laser-cut, lightweight balsa and plywood construction is utilized to bring the Ki-43 Oscar to life as a durable scale model that's expertly built to exacting standards.
Exquisite Scale Details
This Hangar 9 warbird features a satin-finish printed covering including panel lines, rivets and weathering. Additionally, other iconic details include 5-inch scale wheels, a 3D instrument panel and a painted pilot figure—just to name a few.
Hangar 9 Retracts Included With Combo
The Hangar 9® pneumatic retract system included in this special offer combo accepts the struts, feature all-metal durability and are an easy installation that lets you take in-flight scale realism to a higher level.
Power It The Way You Want It
The Ki-43 Oscar is designed to accept the Saito FG-90R3 3-cylinder engine and other popular 2-stroke gasoline engines. All hardware for the recommended power system options is included so assembly is easy and so you can get in the air faster. Plus the included spinner makes it easy to complete the scale outline.
Distinctive Subject Matter
The Ki-43 Oscar 60cc is a remarkable replica and most unique ARF in Hangar 9 line of 50-60cc giant scale warbirds. The Ki-43 Oscar is every bit the stunner its full-scale inspiration is.
|Airfoil Shape||Semi Symmetrical|
|Approximate Flight Time||10+ minutes on gasoline, 6 - 8 minutes with electric power|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||6" (152mm) aft the leading edge (wings removed)|
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Engine Size||DLE 61cc gasoline engine included|
|Minimum Required Radio||8-channel|
|Motor Size||Rimfire 65cc|
|Outer Diameter||1.25 in (32mm)|
|Part Type||Retract Parts|
|Product Length||74.5" (1892mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||Two 6S 7000mAh LiPo (sold separately)|
|Speed Control||Sold Separately|
|Spinner Size||3-3/4" (95mm) diameter|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Satin finish printed covering with panel lines, riveting and weathering|
|Wing Area||1327 sq in (85.59 sq dm)|
|Wing Loading||43.43 oz/sq ft (132.5 g/sq dm)|
|Wingspan||88" (2235" )|