1/8 Double Down, Soft Long Wear Tires, White EVO Wheel, Mounted with Red Inserts (2): Buggy
- Soft Red Insert - Our R Series tires come with our World Championship winning soft red inserts. The center is fluted to allow the insert to comply with the largest of bumps while still retaining it's shape and lateral stability in the corners.
- Tread Performance - Each tire tread is computer designed and track tested by AKA engineers Gil Losi, Mark Pavidis and team drivers to ensure the best performance before each tire goes into production.
- Lifespan: The long life of the AKA tires is due to the collective decades of rubber compound development Gil Losi brings to the table. In fact, Mark and Gil have been responsible for developing some of the most successful tires in off-road racing for a generation. Each compound is tested in labs then rigorously track tested to ensure the highest quality.
- Balance: Like AKA inserts and wheels, tire balance is critical to superior performance and it''s a priority in AKA tires. Mold components are manufactured to the highest tolerances to ensure the best possible alignment of all the mold components. This results in a tire with more uniform thickness for the best possible balance.
- Mold Accuracy: AKA tire molds are made in the U.S.A. using the most advance mold-making techniques and processes available. The cost is higher to produce such a precision mold, but its part of an uncompromising desire to deliver the highest quality product available.
- Also available mounted with EVO wheels.
The 2016 world championship winning Double Down tire has been designed to fit between the Impact and the Zipp in the AKA tire line. Best used when you have a slightly dusty track and better wear characteristics are needed. Reasons could be due to an abrasive surface or a surface that is polished which creates lots of wheel spin. The pin size and spacing has been designed to give more room for dust to clear the tread pattern yet still have the pin density across the carcass to give it great wear characteristics. Used by David Ronnefalk to win the 2016 IFMAR 1:8 Buggy World Championship in convincing fashion on one of the most challenging tracks for a world championship in years!
|Compound / Hardness||Soft|
|Front or Rear||Front and Rear|
|Insert Material||Closed Cell|
|Quantity Option||2 in a package|
|Tire Compound||Soft Long Wear|
|Wheel Hex Size||17mm|