Tower Hobbies — Having Fun Since 1971
A Tamiya Legend Reborn!
The original Hornet needs little introduction. It was a Tamiya legend which inspired legions of fans since the 1980s. For many, it was their very first introduction into the world of radio control assembly kits. The original Hornet is still among Tamiya's best-selling kits to this day. Now the legend is re-imagined as the Comical Hornet, with a new body inspired by the famous original. The re-imagined body, which includes a newly designed driver figure, sits on a new and dedicated variant of the proven off-road chassis: the WR-02CB.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 356mm, width: 244mm. Wheelbase: 170mm.
- Superb performance both on and off-road.
- Durable monocoque centerpiece and inline battery pack position, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension and 2-piece steering tie-rod set up.
- Polycarbonate body with sticker design based on the original Hornet.
- Orange and white 2-piece wheels use bubble tires (front: ribbed, rear: round block)
- Includes headlight cases, allowing installation of separately sold 5mm LEDs. They use separate polycarbonate lens components.
- Comes with a newly designed helmeted driver figure with hands gripping a steering wheel.
- Suspension arms feature multiple damper attachment holes for easily adjustable performance.
- Oil-filled CVA Mini shock units provide superb cushioning, even on rough off-road surfaces.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit)
- Includes 540-type brushed motor.
- Internal Gear Ratio: 18.3:1
- Includes wheelie bar.
- Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-volt battery pack & charger, and Tamiya PS/TS paint. NOTE: Must use round type stick battery pack. Square shaped batteries will not fit the battery compartment.
|Ball Bearings||Two 5x11mm bearings installed in counter gear, bushings installed in rest of kit|
|Battery||7.2V round stick pack required, square battery will not fit|
|Body||Clear polycarbonate, with helmeted driver figure|
|Product Length||14" (356mm)|
|Product Width||9.6" (244mm)|
|Internal Gear Ratio||18.3:1|
|Shock Type||Oil-filled mini CVA|
|Suspension||4 wheel double wishbone|
|Motor Type||540 brushed|