To receive your Free Item you must use the BUY NOW button on this page.
Spitfire Mk IX Gold Edition Kit
England’s fire-breathing fighter — now an easy kit project with dramatic detail.
Add Britain’s best to your fine fleet of Gold Edition WWII warbirds! When the Spitfire MkIX entered service in July 1942, it quickly turned the tide against Germany and the Focke Wulf. Top Flite’s kit honors the original with stable, forgiving flight and accurate—but easy to achieve—1/7 scale detail.
- CAD-engineered balsa/ply parts interlock perfectly for straight, strong assembly—an ideal scale project for “average” builders.
- Elliptical wing with Selig airfoil adds easy handling and smooth performance to the exciting warbird looks.
- Optional scale accessories are available for more realism.
- Photo-illustrated instructions show how to install optional retracts (which pull back at an angle, as in the full-size plane) plus fully operational split flaps.
- Balsa exterior can be covered with Top Flite Flat Finish MonoKote® film and accented with the kit decals for a remarkably authentic finish.
Wingspan: 63 in (1600mm) Wing Area: 687 sq in (44.3 sq dm) Weight: 7.5-8.5 lb (3400-3860g) Fuselage Length: 53 in (1345mm) Wing Loading: 25-28.5 oz/sq ft (76-87 g/sq dm) Requires: 2-stroke .61-.75 cu in (10.0-12.0cc) or 4-stroke .70-.91 cu in (11.5-15.0cc), 4-6 channel radio with 5 to 7 servos