Corsair 40 Kit
Kit makes it easy to build a winning warbird
Known as “Whistling Death” to its WWII opponents, the Corsair today is one of R/C’s top scale projects. If you’re not looking to commit the time and money that true scale requires, Great Planes now offers an alternative--the best-looking, easiest-building semi-scale Corsair sport kit available!
- Wing panels feature sturdy D-tube construction with double jig tabs and preshaped leading edges.
- Two degrees of washout increase low-speed stability a semi-symmetrical airfoil adds maneuverability for flying exciting “sorties”!
- Includes decals for all markings pictured, plus extra decals to reproduce a true Corsair scheme-ideal for Fun Scale competition.
- The wing’s center, right and left panels are assembled and sheeted while still on the building board to lock in alignment. They’re then joined to achieve the trademark Corsair “inverted gullwing” shape.
- To simplify aft fuselage construction, tail surfaces are first only temporarily attached. They’re removed after the blocks have been installed to avoid interfering with block shaping. Afterwards, the fin and stab are permanently reattached.
Wingspan: 56 in (1420 mm) Wing Area: 573 sq in (37 dm2) Weight: 5-1/2 to 6 lb (2500 to 2720 g) Fuselage Length: 43 in (1090mm) Wing Loading: 22-24 oz/sq ft (67-73 g/dm2) Requirements: 2-stroke .40-.46 cu in (6.5-7.5 cc) or 4-stroke .48-.70 cu in (8.0-11.5 cc) engine, 4-channel with 4 servos & 2+ rolls MonoKote